Did you know that caring for your toothbrush is vital to keeping excellent oral health? Well, it’s true! Having proper dental tools, such as your toothbrush, properly cared for can help keep your smile healthy and white. That is why our staff here at Central Illinois Smiles is happy to provide you with tips to keeping your toothbrush and smile in excellent shape. These tips include:
– Look for toothbrushes that are ADA-approved with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Always use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Toothbrushes with hard bristles can damage your gums.
– Always be sure to keep your toothbrush in a fresh air environment and avoid keeping it in closed containers.
– Do not use or share toothbrushes from someone else.
– Make sure your toothbrush is the proper size and shape, so it can fit into your mouth easily and reach all areas for cleaning efficiently.
– Try to replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary. Children’s toothbrushes need to be replaced more often.
– Always keep your toothbrush clean and stored in an upright position.
– Don’t let toothbrushes touch or come into contact with one another, as this can cause cross-contamination.
A clean toothbrush is imperative for a clean mouth. If you have any questions or concerns or need to book an exam or professional cleaning, contact your dentist at Central Illinois Smiles. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Amanda Lewis, please call us at 217.877.1742, or visit our office in Decatur, Illinois. We look forward to making your smile even better this holiday season!