Fluoride is known as nature’s cavity fighter because it is a naturally occurring mineral that can strengthen your tooth enamel. The enamel is the thin layer on the surface of your teeth guards them against harm caused by acids and bacteria. However, acids can chew through tooth enamel if the enamel is not strong enough. Your dentist can tell if you are getting enough fluoride or not. Here are some other things to consider.
– When choosing a fluoride product, look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance from the American Dental Association.
– Fluoride can be found in toothpaste and mouthwash; and it is often added to municipal drinking water. Fluoride can be found in supplements such as tablets, pills, drops, and lozenges.
– Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral found in many places.
– Fluoride can enhance the quality of your oral health by helping to prevent tooth decay and cavities.
– Our office provides fluoride treatments can be received at our office.
Our team at Central Illinois Smiles focuses on a variety of fluoride treatments to suit all your needs. If you would like an exam from Dr. Amanda Lewis, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our office in Decatur, Illinois. We can be reached at 217.877.1742. The time is now to approach the rest of your life with a smile!