One common oral health disorder that everyone fears is halitosis. It is more commonly known as bad breath due to its primary symptom of unleashing foul odors from your mouth area often as the result of an infection within the mouth area. Listed below are 7 symptoms of halitosis:
– The medications you may be taking could produce bad breath as a characteristic side effect.
– Gum disease, also called periodontal disease, is often linked to cases of bad breath, as the odors can be the result of gum tissue infections.
– Dentures are a known source of bad breath, especially if they are not cared for and cleaned on a nightly basis.
– Excessive plaque buildup in your mouth can be the source of bad breath.
– Bad breath is commonly the result of not brushing or flossing your teeth on a daily basis.
– If you do suffer from bad breath, try using mouthwash as a possible treatment.
– Ailments deep within the body can commonly cause bad breath, including liver problems, kidney malfunctions, and respiratory tract infections.
For more bad breath advice and help from our team at Central Illinois Smiles, come in for a visit. If you would like an oral exam from Dr. Amanda Lewis or Dr. Greg Haarman, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Decatur, Illinois. We can be reached at 217.877.1742. The wait is over, come get your perfect smile today!